Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Degree Burn

In case you haven't heard yet, I've burned my hand in a violent Ramen accident. It feels like someone started a fire under my skin. The ice is melting faster then I can replace it. I upped the anti and added three more cubes. Now it feels like some lit a colder more painful fire, that's temperately smothering the first fire. Although if I remove the ice for even a moment the heat comes roaring back to life. A scorching reminder that it's still there.

There's also a nice red mark indicating where the boiling water had landed. A cute little physical reminder that I'm an idiot. It's so wonderful to know that I don't have to hide this news. A few people will be a little shocked, although most may have been expecting it.

Eventually my hand will go numb and I won't have to think about it anymore.

I'm sorry to bother you will my problems, but I wanted this moment to be preserved in history. 
So thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment